Our special educators at the Resource Center cater to the needs of those children who face learning challenges. They teach students individually or in small groups in a special classroom called resource room. This program includes remedial, compensatory and developmental instructions designed to help the child learn by developing his/her abilities.
- Special educators design all instruction to meet the specific needs of the students they work with to maximize their learning potential.
- The level of instruction is tailored to students' needs and is based on each of their strengths. The special educator discovers how a particular child learns best and individualizes instruction for that student.
- We adapt methods and materials to students' learning styles and characteristics using multi-sensory teaching methods.
- Learning is solidified through appropriate repetition and reinforcement.
- We make accommodations to support students' learning needs in the general education setting.